BLACK and DECKER Tiller – LGC120 20V Cordless Cultivator Tiller
This top-of-the-line Black and Decker tiller weighs only 8 pounds and has 2 tines with a cutting width of 7 inches and a cutting depth of 4 inches.
This tiller is almost like a toy but, if all you need to do is some occasional weeding, then it might be the ticket. The LGC120 steers around small plants in the garden and flower bed with precision.
- Cordless…so, extension cords won’t get in the way.
- Includes a Smart Energy Star-qualified battery charger.
- One of the lightest tillers on the market at 8 pounds with the battery installed.
- Does a good job of loosening soil up to 4 inches deep.
- The counter-oscillating tines prevent weeds from tangling in the unit.
- Telescoping shaft.
- The 20-volt MAX lithium-ion battery lasts no more than 30 minutes on a good day. Black and Decker says one charge can till a 350 square foot garden. Other users say that, after 15 or 20 minutes, the battery overheats and runs down. Thus, it would be smart to have several additional charged LBXR20 batteries on hand.
Here is purchasing information for the LBXCR20 battery 2-pack. The batteries are also interchangeable with other Black and Decker cordless products.
- The LGC120 only has 2 tines and the cutting depth is only 4 inches. For my purposes, this is two strikes against it..not enough tines…not enough depth.
- The extendable handle is a bit short for anyone over 5’10” tall. I’m 5’11”…so, I have to bend over a little to use it.
This tiller has a 2-year limited warranty.
With an entry-level price, the Black and Decker LGC120 is an acceptable, very affordable, very lightweight electric tiller…for loosening soil and precision weeding around plants.
Without the CONS, I would have given this tiller 4 thumbs-up. But, since the LGC120 only has 2 tines and a shallow cutting depth of 4 inches, as well as issues with not only battery life but also operational comfort for someone over 5’10” tall, I can only give this tiller a 2 thumbs-up rating.
Tell me more about the BLACK+DECKER LGC120 20V Lithium Ion Cordless Garden Cultivator/Tiller.
So, would you like to own a simple, cordless tiller like the BLACK+DECKER LGC120 20V Lithium Ion Cordless Garden Cultivator/Tiller?