GreenWorks 27072 8 Amp 10-Inch Corded Tiller
This 8 amp GreenWorks 27072 is a 4-tine tiller with an adjustable tilling width from 8.25 to 10 inches and, an adjustable tilling depth up to 5 inches.
It has fold-down handles making it easy to store and transport.
- 8 amp motor offering more power than its lower amperage counterparts.
- The adjustable 8.25 to 10 inch tilling width makes this tiller ideal for weeding between rows and plants.
- Heavier than most electric tillers, at 29 pounds…so, it bucks less when it hits rocks and hard dirt clumps. It handles small rocks and roots fairly well without jamming up…tilling 4 to 5 inches deep.
- Adjustable wheels which control the tilling depth.
- Folding handles for easy storage and transport. This tiller has a very slim profile!
- The tilling depth of only 5 inches is a big disadvantage to me. I prefer 6 inches or more.
- Doesn’t work well when tilling sod. The grass layer should be removed or sprayed with grass killer first to enhance the tiller’s ground breaking ability.
- Can jam up easily when going through stringy crab grass roots and other vine-like weeds.
- There are reports that the pin holding the wheels can fall off and get lost in the dirt. A cap screw and jam nut can fix this issue.
Priced at rock bottom, the GreenWorks 27072 is an acceptable, affordable electric tiller…as long as you can live with the shallow (5 inches) cutting depth.
Since only the cutting depth puts me off, I have to say that, considering the extremely low price, this little tiller still deserves a 3 thumbs-up rating.
More information…and pricing…for the GreenWorks 27072 8 Amp 10-Inch Corded Tiller.
So, how do you view the GreenWorks 27072 8 Amp 10-Inch Corded Tiller?
Does this meet your garden, as well as your budget, needs? Or, maybe you would prefer one of the other electric tillers reviewed? Pass along your insight in the comments below or email me: email@example.com.