Sun Joe TJ600E 14-Inch 6.5 amp Electric Garden Tiller/Cultivator
The Sun Joe TJ600E tiller has 4 steel tines with an impressive cutting width of 14 inches and a depth of 7 inches. It comes with collapsible ergonomic handles and is well-balanced, weighing in at only 17 pounds.
- Lightweight and easy to carry without dragging it. This tiller is so light that you can just pick it up and tote it around anywhere!
- Surprisingly powerful for small gardens and flower beds. When you turn it on, hang firmly onto the handles because, it is so powerful, it can get away from you!
- No load tine revolutions per minute = 230 rpm.
- 14 inch wide cutting path.
- Engine runs smoothly and rarely overheats. The tines will cut through compacted clay and hard roots like a knife through melted butter!
- Easy to put together. It only has a couple of screws, a couple of bolts with wing nuts, and then all you have to do is secure the cord in several places.
- At 17 lbs, it is a bit too lightweight for tilling the garden with just the first pass. But, on the second pass, it really digs in! Just keep in mind my tilling article for instructions to successfully and completely till a backyard or raised garden and this won’t be an issue.
- Cutting depth is 7 inches. I would prefer more depth…but, based on cost, this will work.
- Tines are not removable, making it cumbersome to remove stones and weeds.
The Sun Joe TJ600E tiller comes with a full 2-year warranty.
The low price is a fair trade-off to the CONS listed above.
Based on price, power, and cutting width, I give the TJ600E a solid, high 4 thumbs-up rating.
I would like more information and pricing for the Sun Joe TJ600E 14-Inch 6.5 amp Electric Garden Tiller/Cultivator.
So, what do you think of the Sun Joe TJ600E?